Oct 1, 2015
HOW TO BALANCE WORK AND LOVE LIFE
These are my podcast show notes: Be sure to listen to the
episode to hear stories, examples, and more tips.
Last week, I interviewed Dr. Jenev Caddell, She
specializes in helping entrepreneurs balance work and
relationships. She talked about the importance of making your
relationship a priority, especial during busy work times.
Today, I would like to share a few more tips.
Today, I would like to go into a little more depth. Here are
some tips to consider:
- Find a balance between security and growth.
- Security allows you to take risks and grow.
- Being resourced
- Reassurance (“This is temporary. We are going to get through
- Belief (“We love each other. We are strong.”)
- “I’m not going to be as available for a period of time”
- Talk about ways to work together
- Be mindful about checking in and inviting communication
- Negotiate new agreements for clear expectations
- Follow through with your commitments (commit to less)
- Say things like, “Let me know if this isn’t working for
- Say other things like, “Let me know when you need me”
- Demonstrate regard, consideration, and care when you can
- Be conscious of your actions and contributions
- Say words of acknowledgment
- Make time to be present
- Give your undivided attention
5. AWARENESS OF STRESS
- Reference the Stress Response Curve
- Recognize your cues –emotionally (irritable,
quick to anger,
overwhelmed), mentally (distracted,
preoccupied), physically(shortness of breath, muscle
tension, bumping into things, accident
prone), socially (less connected and close, less
- Work to destress and find balance
- Do Self-care (sleep, nutrition, physical activity)
- Take breaks (time to disconnect, get away, get some
- Be aware of your breathing patterns
- Allow time (not going to happen right away)
- Communicate desire
- Be available
- Be patient
- Appreciate one another
FREE VIDEO SERIES:
Instant Access to the 7 Biggest
Pitfalls To Relationship Success & How To Overcome Them – Free
If you have a topic you would like me to discuss or a situation
you would like me to speak to, please contact me by clicking
on the “Ask Dr. Jessica Higgins” button here.
Thank you so much for your interest in how to balance your work
and love life! I believe in your relationship success!
Also, I would so appreciate your honest rating and
review if you would be willing to click here.
If you are interested in developing new skills to meet
relationship challenges, please consider taking the Empowered Relationship
Course or getting some relationship coaching.